Check availability for rooms or gites
We have 3 spacious and comfortable rooms, two overlooking the park at the back and one facing the front courtyard: Details of our Bed and Breakfast rooms
We have two independent farmhouse holiday gites, each with two bedrooms and full set of self-catering facilities: Details of our holiday Gites
Plus: Rates and availability
Château Chavagnac notes for guests
1. Arrival: The chambre d’hôtes is closed between 12h00 and 16h00 daily (we need to go shopping and get rooms ready during this time). We would be grateful if new guests would arrive after 16h00 unless by special arrangement. The gîtes are also available from 16h00 on your day of arrival.
2. Location and directions: Please note that we are situated just after the hamlet of LUBAC (and 3 kms before LEMPS), when following the D532 from Tournon in the direction of St Félicien. We can also be found on google maps
3. Payment: We can now take card payments, but please note there is a 2% service charge. As an alternative to cash, you can also make a bank transfer to our French or UK bank accounts (please see details below). We also accept French and UK cheques. Gites rentals: please also see your contract for other details and full terms and conditions.
4. Tax de Sejours. We are obliged to add a ‘taxe de séjour’ charge of €0.80 per adult per night for B&B and €0.50 per adult per night for the gites, for all stays between April and Octobe..
5. Free wi-fi: is available to all guests.
6. Swimming pool: this is a shared facility, so please leave the pool and games areas tidy for other guests. Pool quiet times are 08:00–10:30 and 14:00–16:30.
7. General: What to expect when you are here.
- Château Chavagnac is a Chambres d’Hôte/Bed and Breakfast with 2 gîtes in our 200 year-old property in a countryside location with garden, woods, fields and vines within our 14 hectares of land. It is a peaceful and relaxed setting but please do not come expecting a “boutique hotel experience”!
- As well as ourselves and guests, we are home to a friendly dog (Isla is a pointer), two cats, three horses and various hens (fox permitting).
- We seek to provide an authentic experience of French countryside living with a taste of the local specialties (for example, with our four-course table d’hôtes, which is available every 3 evenings by arrangement).
8. Local Activities
- Local activities include swimming, walking, cycling and horse riding and we can arrange health treatments including massage, reiki and creative kinesiology. As you can see from the local tourist board web site, there are many interesting activities and visits available locally.
- We are also the perfect base from which to explore the best of the Ardèche and the Drôme, including wine caves, fine restaurants and other local attractions.
Some useful links:
Nous pouvons vous offrir aussi des sessions de massage, de Reiki/magnétisme, d’aurathérapie et de kinésiologie
9. Bed and Breakfast Meals
- Delicious breakfasts are served with home-made jams and eggs from our hens (English breakfast available on request). Breakfast is served between 08:00 and 10:00 unless requested otherwise.
- Table d’Hôte (evening set menu meal) is available upon request and comprises 4-courses made with local products (organic where possible) and carefully selected local wines.
- Meals and aperitifs served on the terrace looking on to woods and gardens (and a view of the Alps on a fine day).