Gîte Etables comprises:
- Sitting/dining room with fireplace and seating for 6 people. A patio is accessible from the sitting room.
- The kitchen comprises: gas stove, fridge, micro-wave and washing machine.
View from main room onto park.
- Two spacious bedrooms: One sleeps three (pine, single beds). The other has a double bedroom and cot, if required. The bathroom has a shower and washbasin. The WC is separate.
- A second loo is available downstairs
Gîte La Ferme comprises:
- Spacious open-plan living area, with wood burning stove and dining area for 6 people. Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and washing machine. View onto the swimming pool.
- Two double bedrooms, one with double bed and en-suite shower room and the other with twin beds. A separate bathroom/loo has a bath and washbasin.
- The living room has a sofa-bed which can be used to sleep two additional people.
Gîte La Source (currently unavailable) comprises:
- A double bedroom with en-suite bathroom/loo.
- A twin bedroom with en-suite shower room/loo.
- Sitting room with wood burning stove and small “coin cuisine”. Newly renovated, decorated and furnished. Door out onto private terrace with table and chairs.
- A washing machine is freely available in the laundry room of the main house.
Château Chavagnac notes for guests
1. Arrival: The chambre d’hôtes is closed between 12h00 and 16h00 daily (we need to go shopping and get rooms ready during this time). We would be grateful if new guests would arrive after 16h00 unless by special arrangement. The gîtes are also available from 16h00 on your day of arrival.
2. Location and directions: Please note that we are situated just after the hamlet of LUBAC (and 3 kms before LEMPS), when following the D532 from Tournon in the direction of St Félicien. We can also be found on google maps
3. Payment: We can now take card payments, but please note there is a 2% service charge. As an alternative to cash, you can also make a bank transfer to our French or UK bank accounts (please see details below). We also accept French and UK cheques. Gites rentals: please also see your contract for other details and full terms and conditions.
4. Tax de Sejours. We are obliged to add a ‘taxe de séjour’ charge of €0.80 per adult per night for B&B and €0.50 per adult per night for the gites, for all stays between April and Octobe..
5. Free wi-fi: is available to all guests.
6. Swimming pool: this is a shared facility, so please leave the pool and games areas tidy for other guests. Pool quiet times are 08:00–10:30 and 14:00–16:30.
7. General: What to expect when you are here.
- Château Chavagnac is a Chambres d’Hôte/Bed and Breakfast with 2 gîtes in our 200 year-old property in a countryside location with garden, woods, fields and vines within our 14 hectares of land. It is a peaceful and relaxed setting but please do not come expecting a “boutique hotel experience”!
- As well as ourselves and guests, we are home to a friendly dog (Isla is a pointer), two cats, three horses and various hens (fox permitting).
- We seek to provide an authentic experience of French countryside living with a taste of the local specialties (for example, with our four-course table d’hôtes, which is available every 3 evenings by arrangement).
8. Local Activities
- Local activities include swimming, walking, cycling and horse riding and we can arrange health treatments including massage, reiki and creative kinesiology. As you can see from the local tourist board web site, there are many interesting activities and visits available locally.
- We are also the perfect base from which to explore the best of the Ardèche and the Drôme, including wine caves, fine restaurants and other local attractions.
Some useful links:
Nous pouvons vous offrir aussi des sessions de massage, de Reiki/magnétisme, d’aurathérapie et de kinésiologie